CenterPoint Energy is committed to our diversity, equity and inclusion journey.
We value the different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds our people possess, as we work together with a unified purpose. We work to maintain an open and inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
Females as Percentage
23% Female – 2,162
Minority as Percentage
36% Minority – 3,386
Race/Ethnicity as Percentage of Workforce (2021)
Total Employees 9,418
TWO OR MORE RACES
AMERICAN INDIAN/ALASKAN NATIVE
NATIVE HAWAIIAN OR PACIFIC ISLANDER
As of December 31, 2021
Workforce diversity data and statistics are based on source information from CenterPoint Energy’s EEO-1 reports.
We are working to increase and retain employee diversity by:
- Advancing efforts for attracting and retaining diverse students through outreach to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs).
- Promoting CenterPoint Energy on college campuses to create awareness of our offerings to engineering, finance and technical occupations.
- Our leadership development programs strive to create diverse, equitable and inclusive leaders to support business growth and maintain a high-performing workplace.
Our College Recruiting program partners with a wide array of student organizations at schools throughout our footprint. These partnerships provide opportunities for us to engage with a diverse mix of students as they plan their professional careers. Some of these organizations include:
- Ascend Pan-Asian Leaders
- Asian Business Student Association
- Collegiate Association for Women in Construction
- Construction Student Association
- Hispanic Business Student Association
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
- National Association of Black Accountants
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Texas Diversity Council
We are increasing leadership diversity by:
- Utilizing talent review, succession planning and performance management outputs.
- Promoting leadership, mentorship and support as a way to grow and motivate diverse leaders.
- Reporting by Employee Resource Group leads on progress against objectives, opinions and observations.
- Employees at all levels of the company contribute to achieving these goals.
- Using diverse interview panels for candidate interviews to represent diversity when we interview prospective new hires for opportunities across our company.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are core to who we are, what we do and how we do it.