Our Customer Experience department delivers on CenterPoint Energy’s brand promise of being Always There to support our customers.
As a customer-focused energy delivery company, CenterPoint Energy’s performance is driven by our unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to our customers.
Our Customer Experience department takes pride in the ability to consistently provide reliable, value-added service to customers. We are regularly recognized as being one of the nation’s customer service leaders within our industry. Our innovative, customer-centric solutions leverage both state-of-the-art technology and our employees and contractors who embody our values.
We strive to make CenterPoint Energy easy to do business with by providing the information our customers want, when and how they want it. We continually endeavor to support our customers’ needs and exceed expectations. Whether delivering service through our Contact Centers, processing and making payment arrangements, in Credit and Collections, or settling or recouping damages through our Claims team, we put the customer at the center of everything we do.
As consumer expectations increase and technology evolves, so do the wants and needs of our customers. Mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, are also increasing consumers’ ability to control and make real-time decisions about services they need and value. It becomes imperative that CenterPoint Energy provides our customers with the innovative, personalized experiences they want while we continue to broaden our understanding of their expectations.
CustomerOne is an example of how we are investing in technology to support system reliability and resiliency, as well as enhance monitoring and control. We are also working with our customers to employ technologies to meet energy efficiency and renewable resource goals, demand management objectives, and service and voltage reliability specifications.
- Power Alert Service alerts notify you, friends and family of an outage at your home or business, its restoration progress and when the electricity comes back on.
- Outage Tracker shows real-time electric outages in our service area.
- The My Account self-service web tool allows customers to manage their natural gas service account and view electric usage online.
“Our goal is to provide an exceptional customer experience through focused technology investments centered around customers’ preferences for interaction and information,” said Gregg Knight, Executive Vice President, Customer Transformation and Business Services.
Responding to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, CenterPoint Energy implemented additional measures to protect the safety and health of customers, employees and contractors, as well as to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Continuing to implement comprehensive plans and processes to help provide safe, reliable energy delivery to electricity and natural gas customers.
- Supporting customers who needed payment assistance, arrangements or extensions.
- Temporarily suspending natural gas service disconnections for nonpayment.
- Implementing additional measures, including:
- Equipping employees with hand sanitizer in their vehicles, as well as latex gloves and shoe covers;
- Directing field employees to attempt to resolve service issues without entering homes or businesses;
- Following social distancing guidelines and wearing protective equipment if entering customers’ homes and businesses to provide service; and
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting frequency of facilities and vehicles.
Taking extra precautions when necessary, our employees are essential in providing energy to residential, commercial and industrial customers.
Contact Center’s Commitment to Service During COVID-19
Just as our field employees continue to be out on the front lines providing safe and reliable electricity and natural gas to our customers, our Contact Center agents also have a critical role in supporting our customers’ energy needs. With a reassuring voice, they support electric, natural gas and Home Service Plus customers across our eight-state service territory.