CenterPoint Energy offers a robust, comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees stay healthy, care for their families, plan for their futures and enjoy peace of mind.
As a responsible employer, CenterPoint Energy provides competitive, customizable benefits for all regular full-time and part-time employees who are scheduled to work at least a certain minimum number of hours a week. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability and accident coverage, as well as retirement plans, paid time-off and career development opportunities.
CenterPoint Energy’s pay philosophy is to maintain employee total compensation that is competitive with relevant markets, internally equitable, and based on company and individual performance.
- Our Employee Assistance Program provides mental health, consulting, legal, financial and other services.
- We assist with public transportation commuting costs through subsidized bus passes or reimbursement for certain carpool expenses.
- Our Education Assistance Program helps employees finish a degree or embark on a new one by providing reimbursement for tuition and required fees toward a degree from a state or federally accredited school.
- Dependents of CenterPoint Energy employees can apply for scholarships to help cover education costs.
- We offer alternate work schedules where feasible for the business. Employees may choose between a 9/80 work schedule or a partly remote work schedule.
- Our wellness program rewards employees for making healthy choices and reaching personal health goals.
- CenterPoint Energy has an internal Paid Sick Days Policy, in addition to its Family and Medical Leave Act Policy.
Supporting Wellness and Mental Health
To support physical and mental health and wellness, we communicate self-care and stress management resources, leadership video messages on personal well-being, resources for employees using company benefits providers and Employee Assistance Program services. A series of webinars helped employees learn how to manage mental health during difficult times and provided information about COVID-19 vaccines.